Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Town Crier: Grownup Stuff
She has produced CDs, a documentary, performed at the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering and has been featured in books, magazines, newspapers and television and radio shows. Her music has been described as â€œrustic, raw, heartfelt and timeless.â€
- National Poetry Day: Prince of Wales reads Heaney
... Poetry Day and the Prince of Wales has recorded one of Seamus Heaney's poems for HomePlace, a new exhibition centre in Bellaghy, Northern Ireland which celebrates the poetâ€™s life and work. This is his reading of Heaneyâ€™s poem The Shipping Forecast.
- Glenis Redmond wants to help people discover their inner poet
Redmond says her first experience with writing poetry occurred in middle school, first when she was introduced to the poem â€œ1968 Wintersâ€ by Jackie Early during a Black History Month program and then, two years later, when a teacher had her class ...
- A Beautiful Backless Gown for a Bohemian Bride and her Fun and Laid Back Wedding
From colourful weddings dresses to first looks ... Rick and Jade exchanged rings from Ernest Jones and invited a number of their loved ones to share readings during their ceremony. â€œI think I was most excited during the ceremony, when we were saying ...
- Seeing rapper Tupac Shakur's life, death and music through 'All Eyez' biopic
Shakurâ€™s lyrics often reflected concerns of the black community while making social-justice ideas accessible. â€œHe was always writing poems and stories,â€ notes Demetrius Shipp Jr., the 28-year-old unknown who plays Shakur in â€œEyez.â€ â€œThere was ...
- We canâ€™t all be the Bluths: Are we too quick to call our families â€œdysfunctionalâ€?
â€œOur dysfunctional family.â€ I wonder if she knows ... JoAnna Novak is a writer of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry. Her debut novel, "I Must Have You,", will be published in 2017.
- Legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar Celebrates Her 87th Birthday Today
Being a great admirer of Noor Jehan, she claims to have learnt a lot from the latter. In an interview, she revealed that she learnt accentual nuances of Urdu poetry from Noor Jehan. Whereas Noor Jehan claimed to be an avid listener of Lataâ€™s songs.
- UNC Ashevilleâ€™s writing program offers spring classes
Matthews is the author of a memoir, "In My Father's Footsteps," and two books of poems. Class meets for 10 weeks beginning Feb. 14, Tuesdays, 6-8:30 p.m. at Asheville Bookworks, 428 Haywood Road, Asheville. â€¢ Writing Dark Fiction: A Fiction Workshop ...
- Meet CupcakKe, The Dazzling Rapper Whoâ€™s Just As Freaky As You And Me
When she was 13 years old, she went to Bread of Life church, where she wrote and performed Christian poetry. One day, an older guy who Harris liked came up and told her that what she was doing was really close to rap, and suggested that she try it out.
- A literary evening with Rabab Rasheedi
His father was Hakim Ghulam Ali Jilani. He started writing poetry around 1954 under the supervision of noted poet Rasheed Rampuri. He highly appreciated his efforts for promoting Urdu poetry and language in India. Dr. Naeem Hamid Ali and Faisal Tufail ...
- CLASSIC POETRY GROUP: "For I Will Consider My Cat Jeoffry" by Christopher Smart
For I will consider my Cat Jeoffry. For he is a servant of the Living God, duly and daily serving him. For at the first glance of the glory of God in the East he worships in his way. For this is done by wreathing his body seven times round with elegant ...
- Poem of the Day: â€œBardic Symbolsâ€ by Walt Whitman
In 1855 he sent Emerson a copy of his recently self-published poetry collection, Leaves of Grass ... Russell Lowell omitted two lines that he considered overly graphic. In the poem, Whitman responded to his would-be readersâ€™ disinterest with melancholy ...
- BrontÃ«s, Bradford and Buddhist poetry â€“ meet the women transforming the literary festival
Poetry plays a big part in the programme ... â€œWhile most festivals are about the latest books, we want go further and find out what else interests them. Weâ€™ll talk about the books, sure, but our speakers are like fair-trade ingredients: individually ...
- A story that makes one look differently at life
Like some other readers I know, my taste in books these last 20 years or so has shifted from fiction to non-fiction, especially history, biography, and literary studies.
- Marc-Andre Leclerc Solos Big Rockies Lines in Spring 2017
Leclerc and Brette Harrington also climbed the classic Cowboy Poetry, a long 5.12c on the Wild West Wall. In the South Ghost, Leclerc free-soloed Southern Exposure and Mantissa, two 300-metre 5.10/11 routes. To descend, he down-climbed Bonanza 5.8. Closer ...