Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- BALAM Dance Theatre Presents Poetry Moves at Fort Lee Public Library
BALAM Dance Theatre (BALAM), a non-profit professional dance theatre company, returns to New Jersey to premiere its new Out & About series program, Poetry Moves ... 2:00-3:00 p.m. The event is FREE and open to the public. The library is wheelchair accessible.
- Beautiful Poem From Pet Who Has Passed On
They give us unlimited amounts of unconditional love as well as a lifetime of memories to cherish. This touching poem titled 'Owner, Dearest Friend' is written from the perspective of our beloved animals once they have crossed the rainbow bridge.
- Breathing Death: Be Yourself, Or in the End, Lose Both Your Real and Potential Self.
Not life but death is the baton we pass on to the next runner. Immortality is a dreadful nightmare â€” endless life eking out to no end. Without urgency, what inspires us to write poetry or seek life on Mars? Time and breath is all. Death is who we are.
- 14 Profound Poems By Punjab's First Female Poet, Amrita Pritam
Born in Gujranwala town of Punjab before the division of India, Amrita Pritam wrote about love and life throughout her journey. She was a Sahitya Akademi Awardee, Padma Shri and a Padma Vibhushan. Celebrating her birth anniversary, Indiatimes brings to you ...
- Norwalk Oystering Then & Now: A Poetry Workshop and Exhibition Celebration
Light refreshments will be served. A $10 fee for the Poetry Workshop will be donated to the Norwalk Historical Society Museum. The Exhibition Celebration in the Mayor's Gallery at 5 p.m. is free and all are welcome to attend. For tickets to the Poetry ...
- Williamsburg author shares life lessons in new book
In the midst of it all, the Williamsburg resident said she took 10 years to pull together those stories, starting as a scrapbook that originally was a Christmas present for her children that included poetry and pictures. "When I did the scrapbook and the ...
- Piedmont/Montclair calendar: Oakland library book sale this weekend
Create Poetry Postcards. Celebrate National Poetry Month by creating mini works of art themed around poetry written by yourself or famous poets. Art supplies, as well as printed poetry, will be available for inspiration, but feel free to bring your own.
- Charlie Rose reads "The Night Before Christmas"
December 24, 2016, 7:07 PM | A poem nearly 200 years old has become part of family Christmas traditions around the world. "A Visit from Saint Nicholas," better known as "The Night Before Christmas," is a beloved poem, and here's a reading by Charlie Rose.
- Birthday Poems - Poems For Birthday - To The Memory Of Mrs. Lefroy Who Died Dec:R 16 -- My Birthday.
At Johnson's death by Hamilton t'was said, 'Seek we a substitute--Ah! vain the plan, No second best remains to Johnson dead-- None can remind us even of the Man.' So we of thee--unequall'd in thy race Unequall'd thou, as he the first of Men. Vainly we ...
- Jantar Publishing: Discovering Central European Literature â€˜Trapped in Amberâ€™
In Michael Tate: bringing us the best of Central European writing, he adds that one of the newest to help bring Czech poetry and prose to a worldwide audience is London-based Jantar Publishing, a goal of which is â€œto publish a variety of Central and ...
- Obama Just Tweeted This Hilarious Throwback Meme For Joe Bidenâ€™s Birthday And Itâ€™ll Hit You Right In The Feels
Happy birthday, Joe! You were part of one of the most dynamic duos ... and I do not regret it one bit! Everything about the poetry in this book is amazing, heart breaking, and soul searching. It will lift your spirits on your darkest days.
- â€œThe Weird Readerâ€: Literary Magazine Showcases the Strange & Eerie
poetry and art inside the publication. Created by Utah State University student and Statesman staff writer Michael Burnham along with a staff of eight USU alumni and more, the online version of â€œThe Weird Readerâ€ was released around Halloween â€” a ...
- â€œA woman sitting alone, doing nothingâ€
Mary Ruefl eâ€™s prose poem â€˜Self-Criticismâ€™ in her new collection, My Private Property, begins â€œ In a typical poem by myself, a woman is sitting alone doing absolutely nothing. She notices a fly crawling across the table and strikes up a ...
- Mmegi Online :: GIMC poetry to bring more spoken word creativity
Speaking to Showbiz in an interview, Thapelo Pabalinga of GIMC said after bringing South Africaâ€™s Lebos Mashile last year, this time around their foreign poet will be Mama Kay from the USA. â€œWe position it as the best spoken word event in Botswana.
- Don't call Emma Cline's book â€œluminousâ€: The word â€œseems only used to describe writing by womenâ€ - Salon
SalonDon't call Emma Cline's book â€œluminousâ€: The word â€œseems only used to describe writing by womenâ€SalonANGUS: Love, sex, yearning, capitalism, wandering around New York City, drinking wine late at night, friendship, solitude, associative imagery, my dog, what Neko Case called â€œthat teenage feeling,â€ trying to figure out a good way to be human. Without ...