Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Catnapped, poem by Shelly Blankman (LOST AND FOUND Poetry and Prose Series)
They have two sons: Richard, 32, of New York, and Joshua, 30, of San Antonio. Her first love has always been poetry, although her career has generally followed the path of public relations/journalism. Shellyâ€™s poetry has been published by Silver Birch ...
- Everything is Going to be Fine & We Found Joy in a Hopeless Place â€“ A Poetry Double Bill at Hackney Showroom
The first thing I must mention when reviewing the night is the venue; the Hackney Showroom. It was my first visit to theâ€¦ what to call it? Theatre? Warehouse? Symposium space for the creative mind? From the outside it may not seem much, but upon entering ...
- Tucson Comedy, Tucson Poetry, Tucson Dinner Theater and Tucson Theater Oct. 5-13
Unscrewed Theater, 3244 E. Speedway. 289-8076. Not Burnt Out Just Unscrewed Improv Comedy Troupe â€” Interactive comedy. 7:30 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays. $5. From the Top Musical Improv â€” Improvised musical. 9:30 p.m. First Saturday of every month.
- Activities and events at Elon to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. next week
While he was a Christian minister, he also greatly influenced and was ... Hosted by The Center for Race, Ethnicity & Diversity Education. "Poetic Justice Poetry Slam": Exploring Social Justice through Spoken Word. If you would like to participate in ...
- Eunice De Souza, Poet and Beloved Professor, Passes Away
Considered to be a pioneer in Indian English language poetry in India, she published four volumes of poetry, two novels and edited several anthologies of poems. As a professor of English and later, Head of Department at St. Xavierâ€™s College in Mumbai ...
- Kinah: From A Survivor Of Child Sexual Abuse
The following poem is a contemporary kinah ... How do you see the pain of an adult still hurt from the pain inflicted upon them as a child, and turn the other cheek â€˜because it happened years ago?â€™ How do you see the pain of a parent begging on ...
- American Writer Spotlight: Catherine Pierce
From her wonderful collections to the many reasons why I think her poetry is lovely, youâ€™ll walk away with one ... â€œPierce knows that we lovely and sad humans are built of want and the memory of want. Each of us is a â€˜river burst into flame.â€™
- Download [PDF] Children in Exile: Poems 1968-1984 Trial Ebook
- Burns poems top shaggy dog stories
The poems of Robert Burns, including a heartfelt tribute to his beloved sheepdog, are being recited to rescue animals to help them bond with humans. Staff at the Dogs Trust in Glasgow have been reading novels and poetry to canine residents to make them ...
- What does it mean to be multiracial in America? This poet explores how itâ€™s complicated
He also skips through time, from North Africaâ€™s colonial past to the dissonances around race that exist today. Time and again, his poems reveal how complex identity can be â€” and the ways in which sharp divisions of race are man-made. â€œPart of the vio ...
- Artists celebrate motherhood with pictures, poetry
When poet Ayodele Ogundipe and photo artist, Debayo Rotilu, set out in 2014 to start an exhibition of photography and poetry, little did they know that their action would give birth to an art form that is unique in its rare deployment of imagery. Now in its second year, the â€˜Yeye Cabaretâ€™ is more than...Â [Read More...]
- Low-tech 'Breakout EDU' looks to invigorate education one wooden box at a time - USA TODAY
USA TODAYLow-tech 'Breakout EDU' looks to invigorate education one wooden box at a timeUSA TODAYOne teacher in North Carolina created a poetry game in which students imagine they're Langston Hughes, the great African-American poet. ... â€œEsquire's phone number is in your friend's journal, which is in his lock box ... which has four locks!â€ Players ...and more »
- Lost cause, lost friendship: Sabina Murray of Amherst pens historical novel, â€˜Valiant Gentlemenâ€™
Even as they remain close friends, Casement and Ward begin to follow diverging ... their smug put-downs of the Irish as irrational romantics who lose themselves in poetry, song and drink. Yet heâ€™s forced to admit heâ€™s become something of that himself ...
- Hereâ€™s advice to help Trump be successful
As Mario Cuomo said, politicians campaign in poetry but have to govern in prose. Now we have a president-elect who campaigned in tweets â€¦ but still will have to govern in prose. Donald Trump showed great skill as a campaigner, steering his campaign past ...
- Claire wins daily double damper
According to Claire Reynolds, the Golden Damper is the â€œcompetition everyone wants to winâ€ and she got the â€œdaily double ... In the Golden Damper performance poetry competition section there were two categories - Original and Established.