Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Mustache-A-Day: Chilling Out!
Apart from hosting events, he loves to write poems and relax with his family, especially his sons. â€œNever thought about why I love my mustache,â€ he says. â€œI guess I have grown used to it.â€
- Win a School Visit from Author Sherri Rinker!
Sherri Rinker will be the guest author at this yearâ€™s Family Reading Night, a free community event held on Friday ... which begins at 6 p.m. and The Missourian is hosting a poetry writing contest to select the school. Students may submit a poem following ...
- Word of Mouth Poetry Series event on Nov. 10 at Artbar Gallery in Kingston
DETAILS: The Word of Mouth Poetry Series will feature Marianna Boncek and Dave Kime. Boncek is an English teacher, author and poet. She has a particularly keen interest in â€œlostâ€ local history. Her two books, â€œGone Missing in New Yorkâ€ and â€œThe ...
- Woman reveals why she befriended the criminal who murdered her father â€“ and then FORGAVE him
In time, Margot found solace in poetry and writing, which she was eventually given ... Now, Glen and Margot remain friends, speaking regularly and working together to help raise awareness of restorative justice. Margot, who has also founded the Sawbonna ...
- Camp Healing Hearts helps kids deal with grief
I miss her a lot but I try not to miss her too much," Gatens said. All this week, the kids are learning coping skills through the use of art like photography, poetry and dance. Reese Simonson remembered her mom by making a special collage. "I love doing art!
- Poetry & Prose by Mark Cayou
We recently did a cross-promotional post with a couple of sites, one was a writing site called TheProse.com, and the other was a publishing site called ... to the two drops family with some excellent poetry and prose.
- Self-Deprecating Poets Unite! 16 Unfairly Critical Author Quotes
â€œPoets are shameless with their experiences ... â€œIâ€™d spent way more years worrying about how to look like a poet â€” buying black clothes, smearing on scarlet lipstick, languidly draping myself over thrift-store furniture â€” than I had learning ...
- Ask E. Jean: Should I Go Back to My Husband Who I Left For Another Man?
and exchanging love poems, erotic photosâ€”the whole thing. Then he discovered I was married. And he stopped answering my texts. So I left my husband; moved in with my sister; bought the musician a beautiful watch, the most expensive thing I've ever bought ...
- The High Art Wilson-Nabokov Cage Match
The literary critic Edmund Wilson and the novelist Vladimir Nabokov were the greatest of friends, until they werenâ€™t. The cause of their break up? A poem. But an epic poem, fittingly. Itâ€™s hard to imagine two bigger egos in such â€œdubious battle on ...
- Singing Through the Night With Devorah Majorâ€™s â€˜And Then We Becameâ€™
Itâ€™s heartening to see a local poetry icon such as she published on City Lights â€” another enduring local force. One of my favorite poems in the collection is â€œHuman.â€ In a few concise lines, Major captures the utter futility of being human while ...
- Listen: The Mix's Ty Gant shares his journey with John Walk in 'Inspirational Athletes' podcast
In Episode No. 28 of the Inspirational Athletes podcast ... a future for his children by making a difference in the lives of others through theater and poetry.
- Book Feature: Everblossom 2: A Short Story and Poetry Collection by Larissa Hinton @FeedMyNeedL
Dig deeper into the afterlife through three more stages from decomposition, rebirth then back to regrowth rediscover how the flower lives at night. The author who brought you the first installment of Everblossom, now brings you a dash of everything from ...
- Sensation Of Love - Poem by Kumarmani Mahakul
Every vibration gradually enters within. In silence in spiritual awakening, Love and grace of God we perceive, Something happens in contact of body, Vibration purifies both body and mind. Widespread reaction does wave of feeling, This blissful perception ...
- Blissful Matrimony! Delta Governor, Okowa, and Wife, Edith, Celebrate 30th Wedding Anniversary Amidst Pomp and Circumstance
The coupleâ€™s wedding anniversary was no doubt an exhibition of pageantry ... James Onanefe Ibori. Many have written poetry in his praise and published it as paid advertorial in foremost Nigerian newspapers as soon as he was released from the UK prison.
- Free Summer Concert Series Kicks-Off in Endicott
The Downtown Endicott Business Association kicked-off its Free Summer Concert Series on Wednesday evening ... the summer and into the fall including a concert in August, a Poetry Slam Contest in September, and a live "Shark Tank" scheduled for October.