Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Lauren Russell's Debut Receives Starred Review From Publishers Weekly
Publishers Weekly heralds the coming of Lauren Russell's debut collection, Whatâ€™s Hanging on the Hush (Ahsahta Press, 2017), with a starred review! "Russellâ€™s experimental and provocative style beautifully amalgamates traditionally non-poetic ...
- FBI Confirm Investigation Of The Shooting Death Of Bijan Ghaisar By US Park Police
Bijan Ghaisar was 25 years old at the time of his death, born in McLean ... He writes video game, music, and movie reviews, poetry, comic books, bad dreams and good copy. NYC is his serpentine loa.
- All the Time in the World, poem by Erin Parker (ME, AT 17 Poetry and Prose Series)
As I waited for my life to start, I kept myself alive with an infusion of percussion, bass and rhythm guitar. Thumbed through the stacks when I could get a ride to a record store. Bought British 45s with glossy picture sleeves when I had extra money that I ...
- Solving Riddles, Reading Poems
Itâ€™s your poem, after all. Make it meet you. The riddle, and the poem, does not preexist the act of reading. Or if it does, it does so only in the way the morning glory preexists morning, its petals shut like fists to the dark.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli get a book full of love poems as a gift â€“ guess who gave it?
Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma restored my faith in love when they got married on December 11 last year. So when they were gifted a book, which had a compilation of love poems, it was apt. Anushkaâ€™s parents â€“ Col (Retd.) Ajay Kumar Sharma and wife ...
- Teaching children to give thanks
Those simple, gratitude-filled mornings and his reaction to them inspired me to make a children's book called "Giving Thanks." The book is a poem about giving thanks. It teaches children that there are always simple joys in life to be grateful for.
- Amanda & Sam
Our wedding was in July and the day ended up being perfectly sunny ... We wrote our own vows and had readings from Phillip Pullmanâ€™s â€œThe Golden Compassâ€, Phillip Larkinâ€™s poem â€œSolarâ€ and Carol Ann Duffyâ€™s poem â€œRingsâ€.
- SYSTEM OF A DOWN Frontman Is 'More Interested In Writing Instrumental Pieces Of Music': 'Screw Vocals,' He Says
Not because there is nothing I want to talk or sing about. Sure, there are topics I don't want to write lyrics to, but at least I can pull out some new emotions out of it. "Poetry is always something that opens yourself up and supports self-determination ...
- Dan Weissâ€™s Morning Coffee
At The Rumpus, weâ€™ve got essays, reviews, interviews, music, film, fiction, and poetryâ€”along with kick-ass comics ... and true (and sometimes very, very funny).
- Q&A: RubÃ©n Medina lives a life with poetry at the center
I liked the reactions people had to the two poems that I read. Iâ€™m sharing my experience and somehow that experience now is a lot more clear. Literature and writing have been very linked to notions of resistance, to be able understand experiences ...
- Michigan Basement, poem by Elizabeth Kerlikowske (ME, AT 17 Poetry and Prose Series)
In one corner, a square blue furnace. In another, a wringer washer. The third: waders, fly rods, creels. And in the fourth, my first office. No one went down to the basement unless they had to. It was perfect. I found a desk. I already had a typewriter.
- Outlander â€“ New Poetry Contest! Sharpen Up Your Limerick Skills!
It seems like just about every year, I have a birthday. Iâ€™m not quite sure how to stop this, but to make myself feel better about it, Iâ€™ve run a poetry contest the last couple of years. So I figured, itâ€™s that time again, letâ€™s go for it!
- Testimony on the Abolition of the Death Penalty before the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee of the Texas House of Representatives
Testimony on the Abolition of the Death Penalty before the Criminal Jurisprudence Committee of the Texas House of Representatives / April 17, 2017 I have been involved in innumerable organizations, actions and efforts to abolish the death penalty here in ...
- MAP: Most famous books according to country of origin, can you guess SA's?
Set in post- Apartheid, the novel follows the life of a 52-year-old professor of communications and Romantic Poetry at Cape Technical University. BackForward24 has however complied a well-intentioned map, illustrating what book is representative of its ...
- Teaching Poetry as a Means to Inclusion
Perhaps most important, poetry is the language of seeing beneath the surface. Those whose primary language is not English live their daily lives in vastly different ways from those whose first language is English, but who may live just down the street.