Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- The Opposer Divine Revisits Classic EBM for a New Era on Reverse//Human
I grew up in Los Angeles, where I once frequented goth/industrial clubs like Kontrol Faktory and ... on emotional and human elements rather than the sci-fi and mass-murder poetry thatâ€™s been done to death in the genre. This is another common trend ...
- â€œGive Yourself Permission To See From New Perspectivesâ€ â€“ TY Bello Says As She Shares Dapper Looking Photos Of Olamide Ahead Of OLIC3 (Photos)
She then shared an inspirational piece while sharing the dapper looking ... differently all the time .poetry .. codes .. Art . I had toyed with the idea of taking Olamide to the streets.. I had this crazy idea of shooting him crowd surfing
- 100-Ingredient Fast Food Cake Grants Everyone's Birthday Wishes
Chef Milton Lai ordered $120 AUD (about Â£70) worth of McDonald's, KFC and Domino's, then piled 'em up real nice. Why? WHO CARES - LOOK AT IT: * Step one: 'Pizza base of a deep pan pizza from Domino's'. * Step two: 'Chicken nuggets from McDonald's as a ...
- Kent Bernhardt: Victor Buono
Few knew it, but Mr. Buono was also a humorist and poet. He wrote numerous funny poems and recited them with glee in public appearances, which made him a popular fixture on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson in the 1970s. And Victor Buono was a fat man.
- Kim Addonizio: 'It's a curse to say that somebody is confessional' - The Guardian
The GuardianKim Addonizio: 'It's a curse to say that somebody is confessional'The GuardianThe praise for her work has often been lavish: in 1994, Dana Gioia called her first volume of poetry: â€œlike an inspired mix of Camille Paglia and Edna St Vincent Millay.â€ A Village Voice critic lauded her for claiming some of â€œMary Gaitskill's stomping ...
- New Salford poetry book launched to raise money for ill babies - SalfordOnline.com (press release) (registration)
SalfordOnline.com (press release) (registration)New Salford poetry book launched to raise money for ill babiesSalfordOnline.com (press release) (registration)The man responsible for collating the poems in the book is the Salford author and fundraiser Simon Williams. Simon called into the SalfordOnline.com offices today to tell us more about the book and how it all came to fruition. â€œA good friend of mine's ...
- A weekend survival guide for deadCenter film festival in Oklahoma City - NewsOK.com
NewsOK.comA weekend survival guide for deadCenter film festival in Oklahoma CityNewsOK.comSynopsis: Another on-the-run story, this time with a comic twist, â€œBlack Mountain Poetsâ€ follows two neurotic sisters who pretend to be renowned poets while hiding out at a poetry retreat in the Welsh black mountains. The pitch: Featuring Tom Cullen of ...
- High school junior Zion Williamson's vicious dunks continue to be poetry in (slow) motion
Hereâ€™s Williamson throwing down a vicious dunk in slow motion against Northside Christian Academy on Saturday. You will notice a defender attempting to block Williamsonâ€™s dunk and failing miserably â€” he doesnâ€™t even get close to the ball:
- Poet to read during Poem in Your Pocket Day
Some of us wear our hearts on our sleeves, but on April 30, people across the country will reach into their souls and their pockets to express themselves during Poem in Your Pocket Day. Schools, bookstores, parks and other venues will hold open readings of poems that participants choose and carry with them throughout the day.
- Memorable quotes from Ali funeral service
Inspirations included prayers, remarks, poems and stories by Native Americans and far-flung ... Lonnie Ali, wife "He was funny, beautiful, the most perfect athlete you ever saw, and those were his own words...He was so much more than a fighter.
- Poetry pops up on Mount Royal campus
The click-clacking of fingers on typewriter keys could be heard inside Mount Royal Universityâ€™s main campus hall in downtown Calgary, where a crowd was gathering. The sound had drawn them to a â€œpop-up poetryâ€ event put on by creative writing faculty ...
- Sharon Olds on the joy and peril of writing deeply personal poetry
I was just reading that someone called me "graphic." So I was thinking, are my poems graphic? I don't know if they are. I want them to be accurate. I want the work of art to be a lot like the lived life behind it. That's different from experimental writers ...
- Poet in Winter: Max Blagg Offers His Homage to the Solstice in Tribeca Park
(His just published book, â€œSlow Dazzle,â€ is a compendium of poems and essays written in collaboration with prominent artists.) â€œBeautiful!â€ Diaz said of the work. Blaggâ€™s face brightened when he saw a familiar figure crossing the park.
- â€˜The Poetry of Placeâ€™ exhibit at Cincinnati Art Museum
Only poetry can elicit visceral imagery ... Furthering the play of light and dark, â€œDocks Study #5â€ features a dock projecting out into water. Taken only with very low light, it creates a stark contrast between the water and the dock, leaving a ...
- Readers Aren't the Problem With Contemporary Poetry - Valley News
Readers Aren't the Problem With Contemporary PoetryValley NewsIt's not the readership who has neglected contemporary poetry, but the poet who has neglected the reader. Who knew, after a stultifying generation of Victorian metrical poetry, the 20th century would inaugurate a stultifying century of navel-gazing ...