Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- Media briefs: twice the voice of God â€¦ Barry v Fordham â€¦ poems and sport â€¦
Only in Melbourne would an editor try to mix poetry and sport on a front page. And other media tidbits of the day. Read more on the blog...
- Brad Goochâ€™s Search for Rumi
Persian Sufi culture at the time had plenty of evidence of erotic relations between older men and younger men or boys. Persian poetry was often written by men about young men, cast as wine stewards or soldiers. The disturbance created by the relationship ...
- Local Star Poet Burns in Scald: Denise Duhamel Addresses Womenâ€™s Issues From Her Own POV
â€œIf you wannabe my lover / you gotta get with my friends / Make it last forever ... flowing-haired feminist poet and FIU professor Denise Duhamel in â€œBikini Kill Villanele,â€ from her latest book of poetry entitled â€œScald.â€ Duhamel is both ...
- Wordfest to bring writers and poets to Valparaiso University
Valparaiso University's English Department is bringing back Wordfest, billed a little wordily as "the annual reading, lecture and discussion series presented by practicing writers of poetry, drama, fiction and nonfiction prose to help stimulate and inspire ...
- Q&A | Marcel Khalife Oud player, singer: â€˜Music is not meant solely for your friendsâ€™
Donâ€™t you know that those poems have a poet?â€ He was [joking], but from then ... Music is not meant solely for your friends; it is for everyone.
- 9 Easter Poems That Capture The Spring Season Perfectly
After partaking in brunch or dinner, you may want to read a few Easter poems. In the Christian tradition, the story of the days leading up to Easter Sunday isn't necessarily as small child-friendly as that of Christmas, and there aren't many movies that ...
- Friendship parade celebrates Montrealâ€™s cultural diversity
â€œThis is an event that promotes friendship, fraternity between the people ... Several shows are on tap, including a unique performance of spoken-word poetry set to music.
- 10 of the Best Poems about Houses and Homes
Houses and homes are not featured so prominently in poetry as, say, fields, hedgerows, or the moon, but theyâ€™re obviously important in their lives, and many poets have sought to reflect our feelings about home, and our attitudes to houses of all kinds.
- Birthday Poems - Poems For Birthday - Autumn
My name is Autumn, I was named by my father. I was teased as a child not knowing how beautiful the name chosen for me would bring so much to my life. Although I wasn't born in Autumn season, as time went on I knew the name was for me. Somehow it fit.
- Art Collects Itself: Remembering David Meltzer
Poetry, I posited, is an â€œintegral / Lower limit speech ... all its multiplying facets)â€“ As to what I was thinking/feeling/assuming during its writing, who knows now? â€” itâ€™s more than 20 years ago â€” I donâ€™t know if this of any help to you ...
- A Short Analysis of Emily Dickinsonâ€™s â€˜A narrow Fellow in the Grassâ€™
The snake is seen from a childâ€™s-eye view. The snake appears and disappears ... Fellow in the Grassâ€™ such a memorable description of a snake. As so often in her poetry, Emily Dickinson manages to convey the essence of the creature (as she does ...
- Start online dating - Dating simulator help - African american online love poems
Equally yoked dating advice sea. prescription equivalent to available they nerves although - are king condition if dance that method well system cause. productive. describe generic local its of your is school quality an Free dating sim games am I across ...
- 'I want to fix these idle ISIS minds': Lindsay Lohan pens bizarre war poem about the plight of Syrian refugees in impassioned Instagram post
And Lindsay Lohan reflected on the state of the war-torn Middle Eastern country with a bizarre poem on Instagram on Tuesday, which has since been deleted. The former child star, 30, relayed the following three philosophical verses to her 5.2 million ...
- the language of love.
love is more than just a language between two people. and wished to be learned. though to learn a love is easy, to comprehend anothers love cannot be forced. but only one is correct in the mind of the beholder.
- Informal poet laureate boasted literary name
That summer some of Starbuckâ€™s poems had been chosen to be read by the well-known ... In 1905, Lincoln led the push for the establishment of the first Young Menâ€™s Christian Association in Orlando. He was more than 20 years older than Victor.