Poetry news via Google, MSN, and Yahoo!
- How Early Roman Christianity Outlasted Its Competitors
He could not be born and he could not die. (Franzman, 2001, 2011) The Christian Gnostics produced a library of complex Discourses, Treatises and Poems based on their portrayal of the coming of the divine Jesus to redeem needy humanity from the forces of ...
- Sahitya Akademi to publish stories, poems from school fest
KOZHIKODE: The focus at the State School Arts Festival might always be more on popular and spectacular events like dance, music and drama. Prize winners in off-stage events, such as short story and versification, are hardly recognised, but that is all ...
- Author Elizabeth Daniel: Forecast Calls
From a very young age, Elizabeth knew she was meant to be a writer. Around 8 or so, she started with little poems inside birthday cards. As years went by, poetry became her safe haven in a world full of chaos and beauty. Through written words, she found ...
- Drama divisions open Festival
The Rainy River District Festival of the Performing Arts opened Tuesday with French drama performance, followed by English drama yesterday. The English drama portion also continues today and tomorrow, with piano performances set for next week. Marks of 90 or above are awarded a First Class Honours standing while marks of 85-89 are awarded an Honours standing. read more
- We Are All Dateable. We All Need Love
I have a feeling she could have secretly liked me at school, because she always said 'oh Shaine, you're funny!' Since that first date in October last year we are now a couple. I've written Gemma loads of poems and we send love letters to each other every day.
- Art & Craft: Thirty Years on the Literary Beat, Confederate South Carolina, SCandal
Think about how much you enjoy reading a good book. Now think about how much you would also enjoy talking with the author of that book. Welcome to Bill Thompsonâ€™s world.
- Smorgasbord Poetry â€“ Farewell to Colourful Friends by Sally Cronin
About Smorgasbord - Variety is the Spice of Life. My name is Sally Cronin and I am doing what I love.. Writing. Books, short stories, Haiku and blog posts. My previous jobs are only relevant in as much as they have gifted me with a wonderful filing cabinet ...
- Adults reading what they wrote as kids
When Victoria van Veen was writing antsy love poems in her teens, they were never intended for anyone to hear. Fast-forward about 20 years and the Peterborough resident has changed her mind. She'll be reading from her private book of poetry at Grownups ...
- Feel My White Wings - Poem by Marcondes Pereira
Look around, and don't hide your own pain. Don't leave behind your cloudy day. Look above, I will cease the rain. Forgive yourself, you can't return to yesterday, Feel my white wings, walk with me in this dark lane. we'll overcome this desert so insane.
- Kathie Lee & Hoda: Leonard Cohen had beautiful poems and songs, we're sad he passed away
He was a poet, a singer and a songwriter extraordinaire. We both loved Leonard Cohen and we were sad to hear of his passing. Take a second this week to listen to â€œHallelujahâ€ or â€œSong of Bernadette,â€ two of our very favorite Cohen gems. KLG: I used ...
- Family of poets featured at Rothko Chapel
The Rothko Chapel is preparing to host an event exploring the intersection of poetry, spirituality and family. At 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 21, the nonprofit's new "Concept of the Divine" series continues with readings and conversation with Willis Barnstone ...
- Form It: A Bear Poetry Prompt
1. Consider how you are feeling today, as you approach your topic. Are you sorrowful? Overflowing with joy or good humor? Maybe youâ€™re in a snarky frame of mind. Or feeling perplexed. Perhaps youâ€™re just in the mood to tell a story or express gratitude ...
- Professor Ginsbergâ€™s Notes on the Beats
Ginsberg rightly claims a strong Beat influence on confessional poetry, New Journalism and the new prose forms mating fiction with fact and autobiography of the late 1950s. Stand-up comedy too was a Beat sibling. Burroughsâ€™s first story, â€œTwilightâ€™s ...
- Staring into the Soundless Dark: On the Trouble Lurking in Poetsâ€™ Bedrooms
Hardyâ€™s work may be the quintessential example of poetry as an architectural construct. A trained architect, Hardy brought a formal rigor to poetic making that drew heavily on the Gothic aesthetic heâ€™d been taught as an apprentice draftsman.
- Poem: Spring in the Air
The PB publishes poetry by local and area writers every Monday. Send poems to Jeff Pieters at P.O. Box 6118, Rochester, MN 55903 or firstname.lastname@example.org.